jmeter-user mailing list archives

From ben.cuthb...@hsbcib.com
Subject Re: User defined variables
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:17:48 GMT
Yes sorry.

So I have a sample that looks like

public class TestSampler extends AbstractSampler implements TestListener {

  public final static String HOST = "TestSampler.remoteHost";

   public final void setHost(String newServer) {
            this.setProperty(HOST, newServer);
   }

   public final String getHost() {
            return getPropertyAsString(HOST);
   }
}

Now I would like to set this values based on a user defined variable config
above this sampler.
So in my GUI config class for this sampler I have

public class TestSamplerGui extends AbstractSamplerGui implements
ActionListener, ChangeListener {

   private final JLabeledTextField remoteHost = new JLabeledTextField(
"Remote host"); //$NON-NLS-1$

        @Override
   protected void configureTestElement(TestElement mc) {
           remoteHost.setText(mc.getPropertyAsString(TestSampler.HOST));
        }

    public TestElement createTestElement() {
        TestSampler  sampler = new TestSampler ();
        modifyTestElement(sampler);

        return sampler;
    }

        public void modifyTestElement(TestElement s) {
      TestSamplerGui sampler = (TestSamplerGui ) s;
      this.configureTestElement(sampler);
      sampler.setProperty(FIXProtocolMessageSampler.HOST,this.remoteHost
.getText());
         }
}

So the first time if you set the value for remote host on the front end
within the sampler gui it writes it to the .xml file. But when you load it
again
and try and update the host it just pulls the old value back because of the
configureTestElement() method.

This was copied from the FTPSampler on trunk

Regards

Ben CUTHBERT

Futures and Options
8 Canada Square,Canary Wharf,London,E14 5HQ,United Kingdom

Phone.     +44 (0) 20 799 22192

Email.       ben.cuthbert@hsbcib.com

             Deepak Shetty
             <shettyd@gmail.com
                                        JMeter Users List
             Apr 13 2010 17:11          <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
                                                                        cc
             Mail Size: 9388
                                                                   Subject
                                        Re: User defined variables

             Please respond to
               "JMeter Users
                   List"
             <jmeter-user@jakar
               ta.apache.org>

Sorry I think i misunderstood your question.
You are writing a custom sampler and you have defined a field in it and you
want to pass in a variable?

regards
deepak