jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jason.F.Da...@kp.org
Subject Re: JMeter Cookie Question
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 01:29:15 GMT
Sebb,

Thanks for the quick reply.

sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote on 04/12/2010 06:16:05 PM:
> On 13/04/2010, Jason.F.Dawes@kp.org <Jason.F.Dawes@kp.org> wrote:
> > I am trying to test a site that uses authentication provided by
Oracle's
> >  CoreID product (also known as WebGate).  A problem is arising when
webgate
> >  tries to set a cookie that is intended for a target 2 hops down a
redirect
> >  chain. JMeter refuses to set the cookie because it violates path
rules. If
> >  you set the cookie manually everything works fine.
> >
> >  How can I go about getting this cookie set by the cookie manager (or
some
> >  other element) instead of blindly setting it for everything?  Or is
that
> >  actually fine since the path rules will only really allow the cookie
to be
> >  set for the one page?
> >
> >  i.e.
> >
> >  1) frontPage.html sets cookie "yada" with a path of "/foo.cgi" and
>
> JMeter will save the cookie.

Actually, it's not.  Here's the relevant [amended] message from the log:
Not storing invalid cookie: <ObFormLoginCookie=[snip];
path=/kpsso/loginAction;> for URL http://[snip]/obrareq.cgi?[snip]
(Illegal path attribute "/kpsso/loginAction". Path of origin:
"/obrareq.cgi")

> >  redirects to setupStuff.html
> >  2) <-- cookie is not set by JMeter due to rule violation
>
> Yes.
>
> >  3) setupStuff.html does arbitrary setup type things and redirects to
> >  /foo.cgi
>
> At which point JMeter should send the yada cookie.

I wish this was the case, however the cookie is not present - I assume
because the CookieManager is refusing to store it.

> Add the Tree View Listener to track what is happening.

I'm using Tree View Listener and Fiddler2 as well.  Normal browser traffic
the cookie is set, it's not in JMeter.

> Make sure you have "Follow redirects" enabled and "Auto redirect"
disabled.

This was already done.