jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jason.F.Da...@kp.org
Subject JMeter Cookie Question
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 01:10:33 GMT
I am trying to test a site that uses authentication provided by Oracle's
CoreID product (also known as WebGate).  A problem is arising when webgate
tries to set a cookie that is intended for a target 2 hops down a redirect
chain. JMeter refuses to set the cookie because it violates path rules. If
you set the cookie manually everything works fine.

How can I go about getting this cookie set by the cookie manager (or some
other element) instead of blindly setting it for everything?  Or is that
actually fine since the path rules will only really allow the cookie to be
set for the one page?

i.e.

1) frontPage.html sets cookie "yada" with a path of "/foo.cgi" and
redirects to setupStuff.html
2) <-- cookie is not set by JMeter due to rule violation
3) setupStuff.html does arbitrary setup type things and redirects to
/foo.cgi

- Jason