jmeter-user mailing list archives

From James Hill <everywhere...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: transaction controller overall time
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:55:56 GMT
You need to have the "Generate Parent Sample" option checked. This will give you an overall
time for tall the child elements contained in the parent transaction controller.

I think the logs can then be loaded in the summary/agg listener. You won't see timings for
individual requests nested in the transaction controller though. I log everything in CSV format
though and drop everything into a mysql DB, then analyse from there.

Regards,
James.

On 14/04/2010, at 10:39 AM, George Pitich wrote:

> i'm using transaction controller and am confused where to read "overall time taken to
perform the nested test elements" once my test finishes (running jmeter in nongui mode with
-l switch (log file)). do i just load the log file (.jtl) into summary/aggregate listener
or do i need log file in csv format which requires additional processing?