jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Liang Cui <Liang....@symphonysv.com>
Subject RE: how to extract info from an zipped reponse in jmeter
Date Sun, 11 Apr 2010 04:46:26 GMT
Thanks for the help!

The response is handled by a flex app in browser. However, I found that the server supports
plain text response and I just need to modify the request header a bit.

From: sebb [sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2010 10:41 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: how to extract info from an zipped reponse in jmeter

On 09/04/2010, Liang Cui <Liang.Cui@symphonysv.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I am new to jmeter, actually I have just downloaded it several hrs ago, and I've got
some problem while using it. Hopefully, someone can help with it.

>  Here is the problem I am having. In the web project I am testing, the login request
will get a response with a zipped file. In the zipped file, there's some token I need to extract
and use it for later requests. I understand I can write some java code and integrate it with
jmeter to make this happen. However, I need time to learn about jmeter and how to integrate
java code with it and I do not have much time for it.

Are you sure it is in a file? How does a browser handle that?

More likely the response is compressed, in which case JMeter should
automatically decompress it, and you can use the Regex Extractor or
XPath Extractor Post Processor to extract the result and put it in a
variable for use later.

If it really is in a file, you could use the BeanShell Post Processor
to open it and save the value in a variable.

Use the View Results Tree Listener to see exactly what the response is.

>  Is there any fast ways to do this? Thanks in advance!
>
>  BR
>  Darren Cui
>
>  "This email and any files transmitted with it contain confidential, proprietary,privileged
information of Symphony Services Corp (India) Pvt. Ltd.
>   And are intended solely for the use of the recipient/s to whom it is addressed. Any
unauthorized notifying, copying or distributing of this e-mail,
>   directly  or indirectly, and the contents therein in full or part is prohibited by
any entity who is not a recipient. Any email received inadvertently or
>   by mistake  should be deleted by the entity who is not a recipient thereof. You may
be pleased to notify the sender immediately by email and the