jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jah Ayree <y...@ymail.com>
Subject Customizing the evaluation order of assertions?
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 20:21:01 GMT
I have a interesting situation where I've supplied the usual Response Assertions for each Sampler,
yet I also want to have a BeanShell Assertion at the test suite level to catch service errors
that may occur to any Sampler (and I don't want to code an assertion for such errors with
each Sampler, that's over-kill).

As is, it mostly works -- I put a BeanShell Assertion at the test suite level and it catches
the service errors when they occur nicely. Unfortunately, however, the BeanShell Assertion
is evaluated *after* any Sampler Assertions -- which is not the order I want.

So, my question is this: Is there a way to instruct JMeter to evaluate Assertions registered
at parent levels *BEFORE* it evaluates assertions registered at the Sampler level?

TIA,

yjah