jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Andrey Pohilko" <...@fininfor.ru>
Subject RE: change # of threads in a thread group during runtime
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 06:21:06 GMT
I had the same task and wrote Stepping Thread Group for this. It is
awailable with latest nightly build +
http://code.google.com/p/jmeter-plugins/ built from sources.

С уважением,
Андрей Похилько

-----Original Message-----
From: George Pitich [mailto:george_pitich@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 10:15 AM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: change # of threads in a thread group during runtime

Hi,

I would like to know whether it is possible to change # of threads in a
thread group during runtime? For example, I'd like to start test cases with
10 threads running for 1 min and than add (without stopping jmeter) another
10 threads (now 20 threads are running) and finally after 2 mins, I'd like
to add another 20 threads and run the test case (now with 40 threads) for
the next 3 mins (the idea is to add the load progressively). If scripting is
required i can use groovy as I managed to run it with BSF sampler.

Many Thanks,
g.