jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Gil Novak" <Gil.No...@Verizon.Net>
Subject RE: jmeter uploading a file
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 01:24:56 GMT
Thanks for the responses.  I have some additional things to try.  But, I
also noticed that even if there is no file upload operation, other POST
requests with multipart/form-data fail as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gil Novak [mailto:Gil.Novak@Verizon.Net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 8:00 PM
To: 'JMeter Users List'
Subject: jmeter uploading a file

I am testing an app that has a file upload feature, which works when I do it
manually.  When I try to record it via the http proxy, the action fails.
What is it about the proxy that causes a modification of what its sniffing?
Replaying it fails also.  I'm tried supplying the path, omitting it, moving
the file to the jmeter root, moving the file to the cwd, etc.  The only
thing I can think of is that when I compare what JMeter sends in the
multipart post to what Fiddler sniffed when I do it manually, is that JMeter
adds two lines to each part that isn't there normally:

-----------------------------7d159c1302d0y0

AWUISubmitConvertLeadToTalentDupeCheck
-----------------------------7d159c1302d0y0

Enter
-----------------------------7d159c1302d0y0

A normal sniffing of the multipart post request looks like this:

-----------------------------23805158906729

AWUISubmitShortApplication

8439573489527

false

So, my questions are:  Are the two additional lines (Content-Type, and
Content-Transfer-Encoding) per part what's causing the problem?

If so, how do I get rid of them?  If not, any other ideas?

Thanks,
Gil Novak