jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Prakash Viswanathan <rushtoprak...@gmail.com>
Subject JMeter Variables and Threads
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 03:44:26 GMT
Hello,

I have a Test Plan Setup like this.

Thread Group followed by CSV Dataset Config, User Defined Variables,
XML-RPC/SOAP Request, XPATH Extractor, Beanshell PostProcessor.

1. I am able to use the variables from CSV Dataset Config in the
XML-RPC/SOAP Request but not able to assign the value to User Defined
Variables with the notation ${variableName}.Is there a way to do it?

2. The value of this CSV Dataset Config is not available in Beanshell
PostProcessor, when i try to use it, for some variables i get the right
value but for some variables i get the value void. How do i get past this
issue.

3. Is there a way to set value to a variable that will be available only to
the particular thread that is executing it.

4. I need to execute this only once in my run

import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
static Logger logger = Logger.getLogger("mapTPLogFile");

and the variable logger should be available for me in BeanShell post
processor, what is the best way to do this. Should these two statements be
moved to a separate BeanShell script along with a method definition that
accepts a String to write into the log file.?

Thanks
Prakash