jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Brett Cave <brettc...@gmail.com>
Subject Rampup giving strange results
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 07:24:53 GMT
Hi all,

I have a test plan that I use to increase the load on a target system. There
is 1 thread group, configured as follows:
Threads: 200
Ramp-up Period: 7200
Loop count: 1

To my understanding, this should increase the number of threads over 2 hours
from 1 to 200 (about 1.6 more threads per minute).

The test runs non-interactively and logs to a file. If I check the logs
after the test, I see a total # of samples per page (requests per item) of
100. I think my understanding of the ramp-up mode is incorrect - should
JMeter not start with 2 threads, then increase upwards until 200 threads are
running at the end of the period? (i.e. 100 threads after 1 hour). This
should also result in a lot more samples that what I am getting.

Regards,
Brett