jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Brett Cave <brettc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remotely monitoring Java Processes with JMeter
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 07:08:21 GMT
On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 9:03 AM, Jatin Davey <jashokda@cisco.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I had the following requirements to do some proactive monitoring on my
> performance test setup:

IMO, JMeter is a load testing framework, not a monitoring system - its
primary function is to create load and provide reports on the injected load
- you may find more useful features by considering a system designed to
monitor to trigger alerts, and let JMeter do the load injection. Nagios,
Zabbix and Zenoss are a few. We use Zabbix here, and make use of Zabcat for
push alerts into the monitoring system.

HTH

Brett