jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Viswanathan Arunachalam <v.arunacha...@auckland.ac.nz>
Subject RE: Questions on Capacity and Limitations of JMeter
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 05:11:46 GMT
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Regular_Expression_Extractor

Regards,

Applications QA Analyst
Information Technology Services (ITS),The University of Auckland, New Zealand|Te Whare Wananga
o Tamaki makaurau, Aotearoa,T: +64 9 923 5264
:: v.arunachalam@auckland.ac.nz  1883-2008: Celebrating 125 Years
“Om Sakti Amman Vinayaka Muruga Sastha Tunai”
Please consider the environment before printing this email

-----Original Message-----
From: Deepak Shetty [mailto:shettyd@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 5:39 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Questions on Capacity and Limitations of JMeter

>Do you mean you may have to create a separated script for each request even
though..
No you record a script with all the requests. However request2 may need some
data from Response 1 (e.g. lets say shopping cart id is set in Request -
Response 1 . ) If you record the script , request2 will have the data as
recorded. You must tweak the script to extract the shopping cart id from
response1 and pass it to request2. The session is usually based on a session
id either in url or in cookie,, both of which Jmeter supports.

>JavaScript may involved in processing response data and calculating the new
>request data based on the previous response, and even submitting the new
>request.
Submission of the new request isnt a problem. However calculating the new
request data will have to be recoded in JMeter (usually using beanshell or
Java). You can even execute javascript using the javascript functions from
Jmeter  or using BSF, however you have to recreate the code. JMeter does not
execute the javascript returned in the response.

regards
deepak