jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Gokulakannan Somasundaram <gokul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reg NTLM Authorization Manager
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:26:40 GMT
On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:09 PM, Deepak Shetty <shettyd@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi
> >A user can enter the username in any case and it gets through NTLM
> So if a user enters his username in all CAPS , IE still sends the version
> the application expects ? I think im missing something here though I cant
> place it. I guess a better place to check would be HTTPClient forums
> (assuming the problem with uppercasing lies there - Id try a simple
> standalone request using the samples).

No, if the user enters his username in all CAPS, then IE sends it as all
CAPS and it is failing at the application level authorization. But users
have got used to entering the usernames in small case. So when JMeter sends
it in CAPS, the application authentication rejects it.
Yes. Thanks, i have found the place to tweak from HTTPClient forums.

> HTTPClient does work with post requests (both the API and the JMeter
> sampler).
>
> I have posted the error message, that's coming for me. Do you have any
idea, why i am facing it?

Thanks,
Gokul.