jmeter-user mailing list archives

From William Ottley <williamott...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: confused again about users/threads
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 18:09:57 GMT
ahhh yes. this makes sense, although the jemter server IS on an xeon server,
sending out the info to another xeon server (both dell PE2850's).

Now for future reference?

The last test I sent, got those errors I had originally "open files".. that
were in my jmeter log (as the return) instead of "OK".

well I found the answer for that!!!

the jmeter server is running a Centos 5.4 box.

[root@bmcache bin]# ulimit -a
core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
scheduling priority             (-e) 0
pending signals                 (-i) 61438
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 32
open files                      (-n) 1024
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
real-time priority              (-r) 0
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 10240
max user processes              (-u) 61438

SOOOOOO, I noticed the "open files" amount, and changed with:
ulimit -n 90000
(over kill)
and no more "open files" issues!!!! soooo that's solving THAT issue...
but things are slowly clicking, and I deeply appreciate your help Deepak!