jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Rodolfo Landa <rodolfo.la...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter Ant Task - Ramp up property
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 03:15:46 GMT
This is the way I pass parameters from Ant to JMeter:

a) I run Ant from the a batch file:

>> runBat www.mysite.com 5 10

The batch file looks like:

ant -f "C:\LoadTest\Run\run.xml" -Dhost= %1 -DnumberOfUsers= %2 -DrampUp= %3

b) The Ant task is an xml file that looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project name="Orion Load Test" basedir=".">
<taskdef name="jmeter"
classname="org.programmerplanet.ant.taskdefs.jmeter.JMeterTask"/>
<jmeter
  jmeterhome="C:/jakarta-jmeter-2.3.4"
  <property name="request.threads" value="${numberOfUsers}"/>
  <property name="test.host" value="${host}"/>
  <property name="loadtest.rampUp" value="${rampUp}"/>
</jmeter>
</project>

c) In the user.properties file I added the delay property like this:

loadtest.rampUp=""

d) Finally I added the following to the JMeter plan where needed:

${__P(test.host)}
${__P(request.threads)}
${__P(loadtest.rampUp)}

I hope this helps,