jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Rodolfo Landa <rodolfo.la...@gmail.com>
Subject cache.html
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 23:39:10 GMT
Hi all,

I recorded a test in my client A against a Server A (This is my "developer"
environment. The HTTP Requests that the Proxy Server returns have paths
like:
     - *.html
     - *.js
    - *.css
    - *.gif
    - *.png
     - *schema

I deleted all except the ones ended with ".html" and moved them to a Plan
that looks like:

   Test Plan My Test
        Thread Group - Main Page
             HTTP Request - url 1
                  HTTP Header Manager (recorded by Proxy as well)
             HTTP Request - url 2
                  HTTP Header Manager
             Summary Report

Where:

url 1 looks like: /mainPortal/ui.html
url2 looks like: /mainPortal/B895E5E418BB75D0FA2FC15B392635C3.cache.html

I run the test and everything is alright. No errors on Error % column.

I take the Plan to the Client that is going to be used for running JMeter
and change the Server Name to the real one (Staging). When I run the plan I
get 100% error in the url with *.cache.html.

If I re-record I noticed that url 1 is the same but url 2 is different in
the big number between "/" and .cache.html.

I have two questions:

1) How do I know which urls not to include in the test plan (*.png, *gif.
etc).
2) Is this *.cache.html a url that I should include in my test? If yes: is
there a way to use a variable so the url works in both environments.

Regards,

Rodolfo