jmeter-user mailing list archives

From prasanna bhat <prasannabha...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding parameters to a Http Sampler dynamically
Date Sat, 27 Mar 2010 12:42:44 GMT
Hi,

I'm a novice JMeter user. From my knowledge of fiddling with JMeter i have
observed that  for a Http Sampler, we have to manually add the parameters
list which is a bit cumbersome (especially for the POST method and when the
parameter list is huge), so i was curious if there is a way to handle this
parameterization dynamically as in both the name and value pair are added to
the sampler at run time and also the length of parameter list itself is
decided at run-time.

Adding to this, is there a way to control the samplers from a programming
language like Java. (I couldn't find any illustrative examples demonstrating
the usage of Java with JMeter).

Any pointers or clarifications in this regard will of great help.

Thanks,
Prasanna