jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: confused again about users/threads
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 17:40:55 GMT
Hi
Deja Vu :)
Each thread corresponds to a potential simultaneous request so 500 threads
should be 500 potential simultaneous requests to the server. A loop would be
a sequential request in the same thread so your test should have had 500
requests being made simultaneously and a total of 500*5*1 requests.

>I went to the web server side, and I only saw from 3 to 10 connections
Shouldnt have happened , but i believe youll need to check both your client
and your server i believe the earlier thread you had covered most of the
issues. if you dont see any errors in jmeter.log and your test results (say
by asserting the contents of index.html) then there must be something on
your server or network that is throttling the connections. One way is
instead of index.html use some server side processed file like index.php or
index.php and put a long pause (5+ seconds or so) so you can easily check
how many threads are active on Jmeter or on the server ...

regards
deepak