jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting threads in threads
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:55:06 GMT
In theory
You can extract out SESSIONID (either from the first response or from
beanshell and using CookieManager API) and then share it between
ThreadGroups using some scheme. e.g. Create two thread groups both with same
number of threads and have an implied one to one correspondence between
threads (i.e. ThreadGroup1-Thread1 is connected to ThreadGroup2-Thread1).
Threads from threadgroup1 extract out the session id and place it in the
properties object under some welldefined key e.g. Sessionid_ThreadNumber .
Threads from threadgroup2 (the background threads ) work every x seconds (or
based on some more flags) , read the sessionid using the same key (because
threadnumbers are the same) and either add the cookie to cookie manager
(using beanshell) or append URL.
Never tried it dont know what issues you might run into.
regards
deepak