jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "JIM B." <jz...@yahoo.com>
Subject Questions on Capacity and Limitations of JMeter
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 02:51:40 GMT

I'm new to JMeter and in the process to select a load testing tool.

I got a requirement to load test a website running in a cluster of two
Window 2008 servers.
The website was built upon Microsoft technologies.

The load test tool must be able to generate 1,000 concurrent users. Can
JMeter do it?

Can a good laptop submit 1,000 HTTP requests in a short period (< 1 minute)
using JMeter? What is the max HTTP requests can be submitted within one
second with JMeter?

Is there any limitations on concurrent HTTP sessions on JMeter?

Can we test long lasting HTTP session with multiple request/response (e.g.,
Login, AddToShopingCart, CheckOut, SubmitPayment, Confirmation, ...) with
JMeter automatically?
What if Javascript and AJAX are used to process session data?

Is there any bottleneck due to the client computer where JMeter is running?

Can we use multiple laptops at different locations (different IPs) to
concurrently load test
the same website with JMeter?

Any suggestions on client computers?

Anything that commercial load test tools  (e.g., LoadRunner) can do, but
JMeter?