jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: load testing standalone application
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:41:09 GMT
On 30/03/2010, praveen <praveen.t@manamtech.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>

>  I want to load test a standalone application in java. Can anyone help me in
>  this regard.

JMeter is primarily intended for testing server applications.
It supports various protocols, including HTTP, JDBC, IMAP, LDAP etc.

It does not support testing arbitrary Java applications.

If the application already has JUnit3 tests, you can use the JUnit
sampler to exercise these.

Otherwise, it may involve a lot of work to write the necessary Java
code to interface the application with JMeter.

JMeter itself is quite easy to extend, especially as it has BeanShell
and BSF samplers.

However, unless the target application is intended to be called by
other applications, it may be difficult to write the interface code.