jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2Threads and 1 session
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 16:20:52 GMT
On 05/03/2010, airomega <stialaid@b.mintemail.com> wrote:

>  I am stress testing a UI with JMeter. To access the UI I have to log-in via a
>  seperate system. I would like to log in once (not once per user!- once, as
>  the log-in does not need tested) and then use that session to stress test
>  the rest of the UI
>
>  I currently have a thread which successfully logs in (1 thread, 1 sec ramp,
>  1 loop). I created a second thread in the hopes that I could pass the
>  session which I don't seem able to do. Cookie manager isn't doing it (as
>  expected)
>
>  Is what I'm attempting even possible? Is there a better way to do this? (One
>  log-in...then multiple concurrent HTTP requests)

If the application you are testing requires a login, then you should
use that and not share login credentials between sessions.

JMeter threads are designed to emulate independent users, so sharing
sessions is not easy to achieve, but if you insist, then this has been
discussed before on the mailing list.