jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jörg Kalsbach <j.kalsb...@jk-itberatung.de>
Subject Wrong results with mode=Statistical and Aggregate Graph
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:32:40 GMT
Hi all,

I’ve got a master-slave setup and need to do statistical sampling because
otherwise the master dies on OutOfMemory. I use an Aggregate Graph/Report as
recommended. The calculated values for hits/sec reported by the listeners
are wrong.

To analyze the situation use I the following testplan:

-          Threadgroup with 10 threads running for 100 iterations

-          BeanShell Sampler sleeping for 500 millis

-          AggregateGraph/Report

Now the results must be more or like:

-          Hits/sec just below 20 (like 19.6)

-          Average response time approx 500 millis

Local execution delivers this result.

Set num_sample_threshold=1 and time_threshold=3600 delivers this result.

Set num_sample_threshold=100 time_threshold=3600 delivers

-          Hits/sec 19.7

-          Average response time 56!

The response time varies with the sample_threshold but always is way to low.

The behavior is the same for http sampler. Is there any solution to this
problem/bug?

Best regards,

Jörg