jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Andrey Pohilko" <...@fininfor.ru>
Subject RE: I thought i was starting to understand jmeter, then this situation happens...
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 16:05:15 GMT
Maybe your load generator itself overloaded?
What CPU load says on load generator and your server?
Where's resources bottleneck?

С уважением,
Андрей Похилько
-----Original Message-----
From: William Ottley [mailto:williamottley@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 6:47 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: I thought i was starting to understand jmeter, then this situation
happens...

Hi all,
Just as the subject says. I have 2 different servers that i'm trying to
test.
Server#1 (at the office) is a dell PE2850 dual-xeon 3.2ghz with 4G ram
machine #2 (at home) is a intel mini-itx with an Intel Core 2 2.66Ghz
(Q9400S) with 4G ram

Test enviornment:
the webserver is lighttpd (i dropped apache, cause it was causing stupid SYN
and open file errrors)

the testing machines are:
#1 macBookPro with 2G ram
#2 linux Intel dual core 2.66ghz with 2GRam (Home where I test the mini-itx)
#3 Dell Xeon system with 4G ram (Office where I test the PE2850

So, the software I have up and running to verify everything is:
a script that I run on the webserver to see the # of connections via the
lighttpd server-status page

and the jmeter files, which I will attach the config:
http://pastebin.com/uErNkS7y

Now there are 2 problems
I run 8 jmeter instances at home with the testing machine #2 and laptop #1
if I'm right, ThreadGroup.num_threads: 1400 x 8 jmeter instances SHOULD give
me 11,200 connections, right?
BUT, the server-status only shows a max of 4983 connections
There are NOW no errors, no time outs, no open files no SYN no anything. so
why the huge gap differences?

When i'm at the office, the same test script is run, and I test the server,
and instead of getting something like 4500 connections, all i get is 350 to
400 connections!!! soooo i obivously don't understand something.

can anyone help shed some light on this?

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Deepak Shetty <shettyd@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/index.html
> <http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/index.html>After that you can
> use Google .
>
> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 2:41 AM, rpkishore <rpkishore@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > Can anyone please tell me where to start in Jmeter tutorial, I'm new to
> > this
> > tool, is there any website which can give brief step by step
introduction
> > look into this tool with example.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Kishore
> > --

Everything that has, did and will happen in your life, exists now, within
you (William Ottley)

Every universe is covered by seven layers - earth, water, fire, air, sky,
the total energy and false ego - each ten times greater than the previous
one. There are innumerable universes besides this one, and although they are
unlimitedly large, they move about like atoms in You. Therefore You are
called unlimited (Bhagavata Purana 6.16.37)