jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Goel <deic...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter sampler timestamps
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:45:41 GMT
Andre

My hunch is:

That within Jmeter there are 2 components, one component (A) which fires
queries or transactions and one (B) which records results. So when the first
transaction is fired and the results are obtained, the results first come to
the component (A) which fires queries. And then this component (A) is free
to fire the second transaction. However it takes about 9ms for the results
to reach from the component (A) which fires the query to the component (B)
which records results.

What do you mean by overlapping transactions? If you need exact 5000ms as
the time between two transactions, try giving pause time as 5009 ms.

Deepak

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Andre Mud
<andre.mud@the-future-group.com>wrote:

> I have the following setup:
>
> SimpleController
>        HTTPSampler1
>        TestAction (pause 5000)
>                Synchronization Time (1 user)
> SimpleController
>        HTTPSampler2
>        TestAction (pause 5000)
>                Synchronization Time (1 user)
>
> When I look at the timestamps generated i see something weird:
>

>                Timestamp               Duration
> Sampler 1       1267092074523   983
> Sampler 2       1267092080497   695
>
> With the pause of 5000 ms. I should get 5000 ms between the transactions.
> However I get (1267092080497-983-1267092074523) = 4991 ms
> Can someone explain this. Because now I get overlapping transactions. We
> use
> another program to do some calculations and this program checks this.
> So the
>
> Starttime Sampler1 + Duration + Pause > Starttime Sampler2
>
> With regards,
>
> Andre Mud
>
> --

Guten Tag