jmeter-user mailing list archives

From David Levine <eniv...@gmail.com>
Subject Intermittent NullPointerException in WebServiceSampler in jmeter.log
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 23:38:30 GMT
I’m getting an intermittent exception in my jmeter.log file, and I can’t
tell whether it’s a problem with jmeter or a problem with my web service.
 My guess is that it’s a problem with my web service, but jmeter isn’t
giving me a particularly useful error message I can use to figure that out.
 Can anyone tell from this stack trace?

This happens when during a web service test that I have in a single thread
loop, exercising my soap tests in a serial fashion.  About 2% of the time,
I'll see this in the Response Data tab of jmeter:

Thread Name: Smoke Test 1-1

Sample Start: 2010-02-02 15:26:21 PST

Load time: 98

Latency: 0

Size in bytes: 0

Sample Count: 1

Error Count: 1

Response code: 000

Response message: java.lang.NullPointerException

Response headers:

SampleResult fields:

ContentType: text/xml

DataEncoding: UTF-8

And I see this in the jmeter log at the same time: