jmeter-user mailing list archives

From David Levine <eniv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use XPath Assertion on a substring of the sampler response?
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 01:24:26 GMT
It seems like there's no way to run assertions against JMeter variables.
 So I'm thinking maybe I'd write a new sampler component called an "Echo
Sampler", that took one parameter which was the value to echo, and it just
echoed it back.  The parameter of course could be any JMeter variable.  That
way you could extract in one step, and then echo back and assert in the next
step.

Is this a good idea, and would it be useful to others?