jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Brett Cave <brettc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Effectively monitoring target resources with jmeter?
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:26:29 GMT
Hi,

There is already a project for monitoring SNMP:
http://snmpjmeter.sourceforge.net/ which does a lot of what I was going to
do.

I basically isolated a handful of OID's, and was going to allow
configuration of monitored resources based on this. I may still finish off
SNMP plugin if  the existing project doesnt meet our needs.

Differences between what i have so far and the existing one:
1. mine can currently accept custom community string (and easy to adapt for
v3 snmp)
2. can select which resource to monitor: mem / swap, cpu and load
parameters.
3. started working on snmpwalk type funtionality.

feedback on this?

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Jatin Davey <jashokda@cisco.com> wrote:

> Hi Brett
>
> This feature of yours is really useful for monitoring of any device that
> has snmp running on it. I would request you to please add a bugzilla
> enhancement so that it is considered for addition into future releases of
> JMeter.
>
> Thanks
> Jatin
>

> On 2/24/2010 11:25 PM, Brett Cave wrote:
>
>> MysqlCollector plugin added to JMeter wiki:
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/MysqlCollectorPlugin (check
>> attachments for the patch).
>>
>> Please excuse the lack of conforming to programming standards, I know
>> theres
>> a lot of bad things (tm) in there, if more experienced developers can give
>> some advice / patches it could be a lot more useful. the core logic is
>> there, and it works for our test plans.
>>
>> Have just finished the SNMP sampler, starting on the GUI....
>>
>> Any comments on streamlining development of this (I've started a
>> sourceforge
>> project for the mysql plugin, but need to be able to have drop-in
>> functionality and run it as a project seperate from JMeter).
>>
>> Regards,
>> Brett
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Thibaut Raballand<
>> thibaut.raballand@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>

>>> That's sounds like great stuff ! :)
>>> And more generic that the stuff I do to fill in the holes.
>>>
>>> Tibo

>>> sampler

>>> the

>>> idea...)