jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Fisher <a...@alexfisher.me.uk>
Subject Re: JMeter problem with redirects
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 18:09:49 GMT
On 4 February 2010 16:29, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/02/2010, Alexander Fisher <alex@alexfisher.me.uk> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>>  I'm trying to test a wicket application using JMeter.
>>
>>  JMeter doesn't seem to be following certain redirects in the same way
>>  browsers do. Specifically, I was testing logging out of the
>>  application.
>>
>>  The wicket code for this looks a bit like.
>>
>>  public class SignOutLink extends Link {
>>  -SNIP-
>>   @Override
>>    public final void onClick() {
>>        WicketAppSession.get().invalidate();
>>        getRequestCycle().setRedirect(true);
>>        setResponsePage(SignInPage.class);
>>    }
>>  }
>>
>>  The logout link is to a wicket encrypted URL which then redirects to ./
>>
>>  If I get a redirect to http://host/wicket-app/./ I get either a 404 or
>>  a web server directory listing (if listings are enabled).
>>  Entering the same URL into firefox I get the application's sign in
>>  page (http://host/wicket-app/) as expected.
>>
>>  Is this a known issue, or something I can work around?
>
> What redirect options are you using?
>
> If you are using redirect automatically, then JMeter does not see any
> redirects, and thus won't be able to process any cookies that might be
> set during the process.
> This is documented here:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Request
>
> Try "Follow redirects"; if that fails, you will have to add the URLs manually.

I've tried both 'follow redirects' and 'redirect automatically'.
I think it's just that the url returned in the 302 returns a different
result when fetched using firefox, compared to JMeter.

Could it be that firefox automatically removes all dot-slashes
('./''s) from URLs before forming the request?
Should JMeter mimic this behaviour?

Kind Regards,
Alex