jmeter-user mailing list archives

From peter.doornbosch <peter.doornbo...@gmail.com>
Subject strange JMeter behaviour with POST request with "Redirect Automatically"
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 20:54:17 GMT

Hi,

I've run into a strange issue with JMeter sending an incorrect jsessionid in a POST
request when "Redirect automatically" is selected; when "Follow Redirects" is used,
everything works fine.

The application under test is a Grails app using a webflow. For those who do not know:
webflow in Grails means Spring WebFlow and Spring WebFlow makes heavy use of redirects.

Here is the relevant (request) data taken from the View Results Tree listener.

Option 1: Follow Redirects
--------------------------

POST http://localhost:8080/webshop/cart/mysubflow

POST data:
selectedObject=WhatEver&_eventId_next=Next&execution=e1s2

Cookie Data:
JSESSIONID=AE1339DE54D8547EFD34DE75AB9CC47E

Option 2: Redirect Automatically
--------------------------------

POST http://localhost:8080/webshop/cart/mymainflow;jsessionid=AFEF2B7E4018D5BAF613DD595BAB5D9F?execution=e1s1

POST data:
selectedObject=WhatEver&_eventId_next=Volgende&execution=e1s2

Cookie Data:
JSESSIONID=1B7EA18830330CE193BF2D0905D400C7

In both cases, the session id listed in the Cookie Data is the correct session. As you
can see (Option 2), JMeter seems to insert another bogus "jsessionid" in the url. I checked
my
testplan several times: this session id is _not_ in my plan ;-(. I really don't have a clue
why
and how this jsessionid shows up in the url, whereas at the same time, the correct session
id
is passed in a cookie.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your time.