jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to measure the load time of a web page using Jmeter?
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 06:46:31 GMT
You can only guess at the value using JMeter, you cant get an exact value
(nor should you need it) since Jmeter is not a browser, and this figure will
vary with a lot of factors (browser, network, returning user, users machine)
see for e.g.
http://theworkaholic.blogspot.com/2010/02/random-stuff-on-jmeter-testing.html#RenderTime

What you can do is use JMeter to generate the load you want and then access
the page(s) (from a separate machine)  and use a tool like firebug/tamper
data/yslow /page speed which will give you complete fetch times based on
what the browser sees and use that. Note that whatever number you get is
only valid for the combination of your machine + your network + your browser

regards
deepak