jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get particular Id generated in a process from server??
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 16:54:28 GMT
hi
>But in this process for each user how i m going to retrieve each
transaction id from server side.
The same way your browser does. You make a request , you get a response.
Each User = Each Session which in Jmeter usually maps to a thread (with a
cookie manager to maintain a session id , per thread). What request in the
flow you mentioned below gives you back the transaction id?
>So my requirement is to retrieve transaction id from response which is
encrypted.
So are you getting back an encrypted transaction id ? If yes then what does
the browser do with it? It either sends back the encrypted value(iun which
case you dont need to do anything) , or it must have some javascript to
decrypt the value. if there is javascript , you will have to replicate it in
beanshell or equivalent to decrypt. If by encryption you mean HTTPS then you
dont have to worry , because Jmeter will see the unencrypted value.

Study your application first , whats the request / response and then check
Jmeter with View Results Tree Listener to verify the request/response.

regards
deepak