jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help-Jmeter varying loads
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 19:51:24 GMT
See throughput controller.
Something like
Thread Group (50)
    Throughput controller (percent execution 50 , per user unchecked)
          Login flow (0.5*50=25)
          Throughput controller (percent execution 20 , per user unchecked)
               Add Item to cart (0.2 * 25 = 5)
    Throughput controller (percent execution 50 , per user unchecked)
         Anonymous flows

There are various types of controllers that you can read about in the
reference . For e.g. Splitting users evenly can be done by Interleave
Controllers , or you can use Random Controllers to vary numbers.

You cannot however do this directly in record / playback. You must record
all the steps you want and then modify the recorded test to add the
throughput controllers where you need them

Another option is to split this up by threadgroup (each threadgroup has the
number of threads and the complete journeys).  You would need to record each
separate user flow to its own thread group. You can use module controllers
to reuse steps of the test but you'd have to manually modify the test in
that case
regards
deepak