jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using JMeter with a Java Swing Application
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 01:10:49 GMT
you can call any java class that you want(beanshell java sampler). Its more
difficult to type in fields in the GUI application (you'd probably have to
use the Robot class). If you are going to code this yourself then you might
as well use a tool that already does this I think there were some open
source tools that could drive swing GUI's , check with google!
(Thick GUI's cant really be load tested , you could only perform functional
test)

What you can do is your Swing Client communicates with the weblogic app
using some protocol (EJB, WebServices RMI HTTP whatever). You can test the
weblogic app using JMeter (which would act as the client using the same
protocol). You cant test the swing parts.

regards
deepak