jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Cheravalloor, Jayesh P. (IS Consultant)" <JPCheravall...@consultantemail.com>
Subject NPE while running JMS Topic Test plan
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 11:51:38 GMT
Hi,

I'm a newbie to Jmeter. While running a JMS Topic Test plan created
based on the Jmeter tutorial, I'm getting a NullPointerException. I'm
using ActiveMQ as a JMS provider and it is running fine when I'm
executing this sampler.

Looking at the code, when I check the box "Use jndi.properties file", it
is unable to lookup ConnectionFactory , and when I uncheck the box and
mentions the InitialContextFactory and Provider URL in the Jmeter GUI,
it was able to create the TopicConnectionFactory but it fails later
giving a NullPointerException during the execution of statement
this.CONN.createTopicSession(false, TopicSession.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE) in
the constructor of ReceiveSubscriber.java. (I'm using version 2.3.4)

if (ctx != null) {
            try {

ConnectionFactory.getTopicConnectionFactory(ctx,connfactory);
                _conn = ConnectionFactory.getTopicConnection();
                _topic = InitialContextFactory.lookupTopic(ctx, topic);
                _session = this.CONN.createTopicSession(false,
TopicSession.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
                _subscriber = this.SESSION.createSubscriber(this.TOPIC);
                log.info("created the topic connection successfully");
            } catch (JMSException e) {
                log.error("Connection error: " + e.getMessage());
            }

And I see this.CONN being set with _conn object down below this piece of
code. So NPE looks quite obvious to me unless injected from outside.

Please let me know if I'm missing something here (any configuration
anywhere) or need to use another version.

P.S. I have also ensured that jndi.properties is in the classpath of
ActiveMQ.

Thanks,
Jayesh.