jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Noel O'Brien <nobr...@newbay.com>
Subject Re: Mail Sampler
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:22:54 GMT
Using JMeter 2.3.4, there is more attachment related information and the multi-part messages
seem to be decoded once the "Store the message using MIME" checkbox is ticked. There's still
a UTF-8 issue though;

    • Subject sent: " Méðíá Sénd Téßþ "
    • Subject received (not decoded): "Méðíá Sénd Téßþ"
    • Subject received (decoded): "=?utf-8?B?TcOpw7DDrcOhIFPDqW5kIFTDqcOfw74=?="
    • Body sent: " Tesþ Bóð¥ "
    • Body received (decoded): "Tes=C3=BE B=C3=B3=C3=B0=C2=A5=20"

Regards,
Noel

----- "Noel O'Brien" <nobrien@newbay.com> wrote:
> Sure, I'll give it a go and report my findings
>
> Regards,
> Noel
>
> ----- "sebb" <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 15/02/2010, Noel O'Brien <nobrien@newbay.com> wrote:
> > > Apologies, forgot to attach the useful information ;)
> > >
> > > • OS: Ubuntu 9.10 (Linux olympia 2.6.31-19-generic-pae #56-Ubuntu SMP Thu
Jan 28 02:29:51 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux)
> > > • Java: Sun version "1.6.0_18"
> > > • Javamail: 1.4.1 (mail.jar only)
> > > • JMeter: 2.3.2 r665936
> >
> > Can you try JMeter 2.3.4?
> > There are a lot of fixes since 2.3.2.
> >
> > > • Sampler: Mail Reader Sampler
> > >

> > > • Server Type: IMAP
> > > • Server: <set correctly>
> > > • Username: <set correctly>
> > > • Password: <set correctly>
> > > • Folder: INBOX
> > > • Number of messages to retrieve: All
> > > • Delete messages from the server: false
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Noel

JMeter to confirm that the emails arrive and contain the correct information. However I've
found that when I use UTF-8 characters in the mail subject, it appears scrambled in JMeters
View results tree listener and assertions against the value fail. Using several mail clients
(thunderbird, etc.), the mail appears fine in terms of character encoding. Can JMeter handle
UTF-8 chars in emails?

the mail is sampled in JMeter it shows up as:

javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart@1852958 Type: IMAGE/JPEG; name=6149b5b039ac499baeaf70a02d1d7a37.jpg
com.sun.mail.util.BASE64DecoderStream@15d585d
Is it possible for JMeter to decode multi-part message by, e.g. a parameter?