jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Noel O'Brien <nobr...@newbay.com>
Subject Re: Mail Sampler
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 12:52:49 GMT
Sure, I'll give it a go and report my findings

Regards,
Noel

----- "sebb" <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15/02/2010, Noel O'Brien <nobrien@newbay.com> wrote:
> > Apologies, forgot to attach the useful information ;)
> >
> > • OS: Ubuntu 9.10 (Linux olympia 2.6.31-19-generic-pae #56-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jan
28 02:29:51 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux)
> > • Java: Sun version "1.6.0_18"
> > • Javamail: 1.4.1 (mail.jar only)
> > • JMeter: 2.3.2 r665936
>
> Can you try JMeter 2.3.4?
> There are a lot of fixes since 2.3.2.
>
> > • Sampler: Mail Reader Sampler
> >

> > • Server Type: IMAP
> > • Server: <set correctly>
> > • Username: <set correctly>
> > • Password: <set correctly>
> > • Folder: INBOX
> > • Number of messages to retrieve: All
> > • Delete messages from the server: false
> >
> > Regards,
> > Noel
> >

> > ----- "sebb" <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Which version of JMeter and Javamail are you using? OS?
> > >
> > > Which sampler are you using? Which options? IMAP(S) ? POP3(S) ?

to confirm that the emails arrive and contain the correct information. However I've found
that when I use UTF-8 characters in the mail subject, it appears scrambled in JMeters View
results tree listener and assertions against the value fail. Using several mail clients (thunderbird,
etc.), the mail appears fine in terms of character encoding. Can JMeter handle UTF-8 chars
in emails?

mail is sampled in JMeter it shows up as:

javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart@1852958 Type: IMAGE/JPEG; name=6149b5b039ac499baeaf70a02d1d7a37.jpg
com.sun.mail.util.BASE64DecoderStream@15d585d
Is it possible for JMeter to decode multi-part message by, e.g. a parameter?