jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Noel O'Brien <nobr...@newbay.com>
Subject Re: Mail Sampler
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 12:24:09 GMT
Apologies, forgot to attach the useful information ;)

    • OS: Ubuntu 9.10 (Linux olympia 2.6.31-19-generic-pae #56-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jan 28 02:29:51
UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux)
    • Java: Sun version "1.6.0_18"
    • Javamail: 1.4.1 (mail.jar only)
    • JMeter: 2.3.2 r665936
    • Sampler: Mail Reader Sampler

        • Server Type: IMAP
        • Server: <set correctly>
        • Username: <set correctly>
        • Password: <set correctly>
        • Folder: INBOX
        • Number of messages to retrieve: All
        • Delete messages from the server: false

Regards,
Noel

----- "sebb" <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15/02/2010, Noel O'Brien <nobrien@newbay.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've two questions regarding the mail sampler:
> >
> > 1. Is it possible to have JMeter decode multi-part messages?
> > 2. Is it possible to have JMeter force UTF-8 encoding when reading/displaying the
mail

> Which version of JMeter and Javamail are you using? OS?
>
> Which sampler are you using? Which options? IMAP(S) ? POP3(S) ?
>
> > As part of my tests I'm using my product to send emails and using JMeter to confirm
that the emails arrive and contain the correct information. However I've found that when I
use UTF-8 characters in the mail subject, it appears scrambled in JMeters View results tree
listener and assertions against the value fail. Using several mail clients (thunderbird, etc.),
the mail appears fine in terms of character encoding. Can JMeter handle UTF-8 chars in emails?

> > The emails I've sent have a message bady and attachment, though when the mail is
sampled in JMeter it shows up as:

javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart@1852958 Type: IMAGE/JPEG; name=6149b5b039ac499baeaf70a02d1d7a37.jpg
com.sun.mail.util.BASE64DecoderStream@15d585d
> > I can assert on the attachment, but the message body is not displayed. Is it possible
for JMeter to decode multi-part message by, e.g. a parameter?