jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mail Sampler
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 17:04:53 GMT
Images should just work.

The down-side is that the test plan output will be different from
before; is that likely to be a major problem?

On 15/02/2010, Noel O'Brien <nobrien@newbay.com> wrote:
> Yeah that sounds like it'll do the trick. The only other thing I'd suggest would be rendering
images in the same way as with images in http sample results, if it's possible

>  Regards,
>  Noel
>
>  ----- "sebb" <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Yes, there do seem to be some problems.
>  >
>  > At present each message is handled as a single sample which is added
>  > as a child of the parent sample result.
>  >
>  > If the message is a multipart message, then this causes problems,
>  > because each part of a multi-part message has its own Content-Type,
>  > but of course a single result can only have one content-type.
>  >
>  > At present the result content-type is taken from the multipart
>  > container, which does not have an encoding, and anyway the content
>  > itself is assumed to be in the default encoding. Not ideal.
>  >
>  > Maybe multipart messages should be handled as one child per part?
>  > These would then become grandchildren of the original sample.
>  > If there is only a single part it could be stored as at present, but
>  > with the content-type taken from the part rather than the multi-part
>  > container.
>  >
>  > Does that sound reasonable?
>  > Any better ideas?
>  >
>  > On 15/02/2010, Noel O'Brien <nobrien@newbay.com> wrote:
>  > > Using JMeter 2.3.4, there is more attachment related information and the multi-part
messages seem to be decoded once the "Store the message using MIME" checkbox is ticked. There's
still a UTF-8 issue though;
>  > >
>  > > • Subject sent: " Méðíá Sénd Téßþ "
>  > > • Subject received (not decoded): "Méðíá Sénd Téßþ"
>  > > • Subject received (decoded): "=?utf-8?B?TcOpw7DDrcOhIFPDqW5kIFTDqcOfw74=?="
>  > > • Body sent: " Tesþ Bóð¥ "
>  > > • Body received (decoded): "Tes=C3=BE B=C3=B3=C3=B0=C2=A5=20"
>  > >
>  > > Regards,
>  > > Noel
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > ----- "Noel O'Brien" <nobrien@newbay.com> wrote:
>  > > > Sure, I'll give it a go and report my findings
>  > > >
>  > > > Regards,
>  > > > Noel
>  > > >
>  > > > ----- "sebb" <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > > > > On 15/02/2010, Noel O'Brien <nobrien@newbay.com> wrote:
>  > > > > > Apologies, forgot to attach the useful information ;)
>  > > > > >
>  > > > > > • OS: Ubuntu 9.10 (Linux olympia 2.6.31-19-generic-pae #56-Ubuntu
SMP Thu Jan 28 02:29:51 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux)
>  > > > > > • Java: Sun version "1.6.0_18"
>  > > > > > • Javamail: 1.4.1 (mail.jar only)
>  > > > > > • JMeter: 2.3.2 r665936
>  > > > >
>  > > > > Can you try JMeter 2.3.4?
>  > > > > There are a lot of fixes since 2.3.2.
>  > > > >
>  > > > > > • Sampler: Mail Reader Sampler
>  > > > > >
>  > > > > >
>  > > > > > • Server Type: IMAP
>  > > > > > • Server: <set correctly>
>  > > > > > • Username: <set correctly>
>  > > > > > • Password: <set correctly>
>  > > > > > • Folder: INBOX
>  > > > > > • Number of messages to retrieve: All
>  > > > > > • Delete messages from the server: false
>  > > > > >
>  > > > > > Regards,
>  > > > > > Noel
>  > > > > >
>  > > > > >
>  > > > > > ----- "sebb" <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > > > > > > On 15/02/2010, Noel O'Brien <nobrien@newbay.com>
wrote:
>  > > > > > > > Hi all,
>  > > > > > > >
>  > > > > > > > I've two questions regarding the mail sampler:
>  > > > > > > >
>  > > > > > > > 1. Is it possible to have JMeter decode multi-part
messages?
>  > > > > > > > 2. Is it possible to have JMeter force UTF-8 encoding
when reading/displaying the mail
>  > > > > > >
>  > > > > > > Which version of JMeter and Javamail are you using? OS?
>  > > > > > >
>  > > > > > > Which sampler are you using? Which options? IMAP(S) ?
POP3(S) ?
>  > > > > > >
>  > > > > > > > As part of my tests I'm using my product to send
emails and using JMeter to confirm that the emails arrive and contain the correct information.
However I've found that when I use UTF-8 characters in the mail subject, it appears scrambled
in JMeters View results tree listener and assertions against the value fail. Using several
mail clients (thunderbird, etc.), the mail appears fine in terms of character encoding. Can
JMeter handle UTF-8 chars in emails?
>  > > > > > > > The emails I've sent have a message bady and attachment,
though when the mail is sampled in JMeter it shows up as:
boundary="----=_Part_60_10050345.1266233578389" javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart@1852958
Type: IMAGE/JPEG; name=6149b5b039ac499baeaf70a02d1d7a37.jpg com.sun.mail.util.BASE64DecoderStream@15d585d
>  > > > > > > > I can assert on the attachment, but the message body
is not displayed. Is it possible for JMeter to decode multi-part message by, e.g. a parameter?