jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: __XPath problems
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 23:53:11 GMT
On 11/02/2010, Sonam Chauhan <sonam.chauhan@ce.com.au> wrote:
> > However you could just use __StringFromFile() instead.
>  > Or CSV Dataset - just ensure it is in the loop.
>

> Aha - Thanks Sebb. I just tried your suggestion and used CSV Dataset within the loop
- it works.

>  Previously, I had tried using both __StringFromFile() and CSV Dataset earlier, but at
the top of the test plan instead of within the loop as you suggested. That gave me the same
code for each loop iteration.

The function __StringFromFile needs to be used either on the sampler
or on a User Parameters Pre-Processor so that it is called each time
you need another line.

CSV Dataset produces one line for each parent controller iteration.

>  > Also, 2.3.1 is really old; there have been lots of bug fixes since then.
>

> I also tried the latest 2.3.4 release and the same __XPath() problem exists there too.
>
>  Regards,
>  Sonam

Thread' signal when the HTTP sampler fails due to "null" not being a product code:
>  >  -----------------------------------------------------
>  >  2010/02/12 08:42:03 INFO  - jmeter.functions.XPathWrapper: Integration Tests Thread
Group 1-1: Opening prodcodes.xml
>  >  2010/02/12 08:42:03 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Stop Thread detected
by thread Integration Tests Thread Group 1-1
>  >  -----------------------------------------------------
>  >
>  >
>  >  Any thoughts on what could be wrong? Our setup uses JMeter 2.3.1 - I didn't see
any bugzilla entries for __XPath

>  No idea what the problem is, sorry.
>
>  However you could just use __StringFromFile() instead.
>
>  Or CSV Dataset - just ensure it is in the loop.
>
>  BTW, it's easy to test functions etc using Java Request - just put the
>  function call in the "Label" field and it will show up in the
>  Listeners.
>
>  Also, 2.3.1 is really old; there have been lots of bug fixes since then.
>

>  >  Regards,
>  >  Sonam Chauhan
>  >
>  >  PS: I use __XPath() because the HTTP sampler runs within a loop and it needs to
use a new product code in every iteration of the loop. CSV Data Set Config et al allocate
one config item per thread.