jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: __XPath problems
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 23:09:02 GMT
On 11/02/2010, Sonam Chauhan <sonam.chauhan@ce.com.au> wrote:
> Hello:
>
>  I've run into some problems with the __XPath function.  I use it as the 'Value' of a
HTTP sampler parameter:
>  -----------------------------------------------------
>  ${__XPath(prodcodes.xml, /root/code)}
>  -----------------------------------------------------
>
>  This obtains a product code from the prodcodes.xml file, whose content looks like this:
>  -----------------------------------------------------
>  <?xml version="1.0"?>
>  <root>
>  <code>00000123</code>
>  <code>00001234</code>
>  <code>00012345</code>
>  </root>
>  -----------------------------------------------------
>
>  However, this __XPath function call always evaluates to value "null".
>
>  The jmeter.log simply notes the prodcodes.xml file being used, and then 'Stop Thread'
signal when the HTTP sampler fails due to "null" not being a product code:
>  -----------------------------------------------------
>  2010/02/12 08:42:03 INFO  - jmeter.functions.XPathWrapper: Integration Tests Thread
Group 1-1: Opening prodcodes.xml
>  2010/02/12 08:42:03 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Stop Thread detected by thread
Integration Tests Thread Group 1-1
>  -----------------------------------------------------
>

>  Any thoughts on what could be wrong? Our setup uses JMeter 2.3.1 - I didn't see any
bugzilla entries for __XPath

No idea what the problem is, sorry.

However you could just use __StringFromFile() instead.

Or CSV Dataset - just ensure it is in the loop.

BTW, it's easy to test functions etc using Java Request - just put the
function call in the "Label" field and it will show up in the
Listeners.

Also, 2.3.1 is really old; there have been lots of bug fixes since then.

>  Regards,
>  Sonam Chauhan
>
>  PS: I use __XPath() because the HTTP sampler runs within a loop and it needs to use
a new product code in every iteration of the loop. CSV Data Set Config et al allocate one
config item per thread.