jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter problem with redirects
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 16:29:04 GMT
On 04/02/2010, Alexander Fisher <alex@alexfisher.me.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
>  I'm trying to test a wicket application using JMeter.
>
>  JMeter doesn't seem to be following certain redirects in the same way
>  browsers do. Specifically, I was testing logging out of the
>  application.
>
>  The wicket code for this looks a bit like.
>
>  public class SignOutLink extends Link {
>  -SNIP-
>   @Override
>    public final void onClick() {
>        WicketAppSession.get().invalidate();
>        getRequestCycle().setRedirect(true);
>        setResponsePage(SignInPage.class);
>    }
>  }
>
>  The logout link is to a wicket encrypted URL which then redirects to ./
>
>  If I get a redirect to http://host/wicket-app/./ I get either a 404 or
>  a web server directory listing (if listings are enabled).
>  Entering the same URL into firefox I get the application's sign in
>  page (http://host/wicket-app/) as expected.
>
>  Is this a known issue, or something I can work around?

What redirect options are you using?

If you are using redirect automatically, then JMeter does not see any
redirects, and thus won't be able to process any cookies that might be
set during the process.
This is documented here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Request

Try "Follow redirects"; if that fails, you will have to add the URLs manually.