jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Noel O'Brien <nobr...@newbay.com>
Subject Re: Mail Sampler
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 09:03:52 GMT
Thanks Sebb, I'll try it out and provide feedback

Regards,
Noel

----- "sebb" <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've made quite a few changes to the code.
>
> If "Store the message using MIME" is selected, the behaviour is much
> as before, except that the encoding is set to iso-8859-1 (super-set of
> US-ASCII). This is useful for studying the raw message contents. No
> interpretation of the contents is performed.
>
> If deselected, then multipart messages should be handled much better,
> and image attachments are shown as such.
>
> If you get a chance to try the nightly build, these changes are in
> versions from r910812.
>
> Feedback welcome.
>
> On 15/02/2010, Noel O'Brien <nobrien@newbay.com> wrote:
> > Ah ok. I assumed from you previous mail that they "should just work" as is :)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Noel
> >
> > ----- sebb wrote:

listener for me (JMeter 2.3.4), it just appears as a stream of characters

> > > Yes. But if/when each part is stored as a separate sample, this
> > > problem should disappear.

I'd suggest would be rendering images in the same way as with images in http sample results,
if it's possible

information and the multi-part messages seem to be decoded once the "Store the message using
MIME" checkbox is ticked. There's still a UTF-8 issue though;

Sénd Téßþ"

2.6.31-19-generic-pae #56-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jan 28 02:29:51 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux)

All
false

the mail sampler:

JMeter decode multi-part messages?
JMeter force UTF-8 encoding when reading/displaying the mail

options? IMAP(S) ? POP3(S) ?

my product to send emails and using JMeter to confirm that the emails arrive and contain the
correct information. However I've found that when I use UTF-8 characters in the mail subject,
it appears scrambled in JMeters View results tree listener and assertions against the value
fail. Using several mail clients (thunderbird, etc.), the mail appears fine in terms of character
encoding. Can JMeter handle UTF-8 chars in emails?

a message bady and attachment, though when the mail is sampled in JMeter it shows up as:

multipart/ALTERNATIVE; boundary="----=_Part_60_10050345.1266233578389" javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart@1852958
Type: IMAGE/JPEG; name=6149b5b039ac499baeaf70a02d1d7a37.jpg com.sun.mail.util.BASE64DecoderStream@15d585d

but the message body is not displayed. Is it possible for JMeter to decode multi-part message
by, e.g. a parameter?

jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org