jmeter-user mailing list archives

From <jeanlouis.pastu...@orange-ftgroup.com>
Subject RE: How to configure Tomcat to log POST data?
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 07:07:38 GMT

In file server.xml of Tomcat
In Valve section ( there are some examples commented) set this :

<Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
directory="logs"
prefix="localhost_access_log."
suffix=".txt"
pattern="%h %l %u %t &#34;%r&#34; %s %b %S %D"
resolveHosts="false"
/>

In the logs directory, Tomcat logs all http or AJP exchanges. The %D pattern
gives the duration of the URL in miliis
The format in the pattern is Common Log Format ( CLF Format for googling),
to adapt with the needs of JMeter

Cordialement / Best regards

Jean-Louis Pasturel

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Janine Sisk [mailto:janine@furfly.net]
Envoyé : vendredi 26 février 2010 02:49
À : jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Objet : How to configure Tomcat to log POST data?

I'm relatively new to Tomcat and brand new to JMeter, and a bit perplexed.
And yes, I have been RTFMing for several hours now.

I want to use JMeter's access log sampler, to generate load tests based on
real-world usage data:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/jmeter...sslog_sampler_step_by_s
tep.pdf

But it requires that POST data be logged, and I'm stuck trying to figure out
how to do that. It refers you to a page which no longer exists, but the
modern version of it appears to be

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/valve.html

But it doesn't give any info about POST data. I found the page for the
ExtendedAccessLogValve

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/api/org/ap...es/ExtendedAccessLogVal
ve.html

And it looks like if I wanted to capture a particular named parameter I
would use x-P(parameter-name) to do it, but that still doesn't help me get
them all.

Is there a way to do this that I'm just not finding?

Thanks in advance,

janine

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for
the addressees.
Messages are susceptible to alteration.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it immediately and inform
the sender.