jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Kandagatla, Satya" <satya.kandaga...@cengage.com>
Subject RE: How to enable third party cookies with in JMeter?
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 18:47:53 GMT
Sebb,

Thank you very much for this help! I have the following request captured from JMeter results
log: Please suggest me if I have to add any cookie in order to eliminate the Null Pointer
Error. Thanks once again.

POST http://classtest.ilrn.com/ilrn/covalent/als/run/

POST data:
covalent-item-696244050=item-state_696244050%3D%26buttonClick%3D0%26choice%252E696244050%3D1%26go%252E696244050%3D1%26covalentItemState%3DyRKHBvZhIQ%252FDzmOZUdPS5M5uNea66M%252FqX7Ogndksd1JcHS4mKSOjO%252F4%252Bxr1Yq0QC

Cookie Data:
iLrnNode=1760534538.20480.0000

Request Headers:
Accept: */*
UA-CPU: x86
Pragma: no-cache

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2010 5:06 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: How to enable third party cookies with in JMeter?

On 04/02/2010, Kandagatla, Satya <satya.kandagatla@cengage.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>  I have a question regarding on how to unable third-party cookies using JMeter.
>
> The web application I am trying to test has been causing NullPointer Exception errors.

Then it has a bug - it should be able to handle any external input.

> Our developer suggested enabling the third party cookies to get rid of this error.

It would be better if the bug were fixed, particularly one such as
this which is easily triggered by browser configuration. Many users
disable 3rd party cookies.

> I tried manually after enabling the third party cookies on browser and the error disappeared.

Including you, it seems.

>  Can someone please provide me on how enable third party cookies using the JMeter while
running the load tests?

There's no way to enable or disable 3rd party cookies in JMeter.

All cookies are stored, and they are sent if they match the particular URL.

You can see Cookies in the Tree View Listener.

If you think a particular cookie should be sent when it is not, please
provide details of the cookie URL, and the URL to which you think it
should have been sent.