jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Anitha Raj Geetha Rajendran <AnithaRaj.GeethaRajend...@igate.com>
Subject RE: increasing the load in a single machine - reg
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 05:45:39 GMT

I don't think u can see that msg. :) so I am typing what all is there. Its in the console
of JMeter:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Logging Error: Unknown error writing event.
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Yeah. I followed what all is in the link which u gave me. Also I am running it in gui mode
with listeners. But I removed the one which takes much memory, and hence using only 2 listeners.
Also I am using CSV rather than xml output.
I am not using much variables.

So getting the above msg means my test failed? But even after getting the above msg JMeter
was running and the number of users were increasing. So I assumed that its working fine. Also
I am getting that only 3 times na?

Thanks and regards,
Anitha Raj

-----Original Message-----
From: Anitha Raj Geetha Rajendran [mailto:AnithaRaj.GeethaRajendran@igate.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 11:04 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: FW: increasing the load in a single machine - reg

Thanks Deepak.

And sorry about that attachment. You can find the screenshot attached to this file now. Please
check it .This is the screen that I am getting if I
increase the load ( i.e. for all 300,400,500). Is this a bad sign that my test has failed?
Or can I ignore this and increase the load in the machine. Its java.lang.outofmemory exception.

And I have done the load test for 2000 users using 8 machines. 250 on each. That was all fine.
Now, I wanted to run the test for 5000 users. But then I don't want to use 20 machines for
the same. So I am trying to find the maximum users that a machine can accept to use less number
of machines as possible. For that I have to find the factors that affect the number of users
in a single machine.

Thanks and regards,
Anitha Raj