jmeter-user mailing list archives

From <jeanlouis.pastu...@orange-ftgroup.com>
Subject RE: increasing the load in a single machine - reg
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 07:42:11 GMT

As Deepak said, use only a basic listener to log the results.

Try to launch a Jconsole in // to detect what part of the heap or the
PermGen is filled more quickly.

Others JVM Hotspot parameters to tune  : -Xss<size>K (~ size of the threads)
-XX:PermSize=<Size>M -XX:MaxPermSize=<size>M

You may have Nbthreads*Xss << Xmx
Xss is the local stack of the thread. By default it depends of the JVM and
of the OS ( 32K or 64K)

Cordialement / Best regards

Jean-Louis Pasturel

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Deepak Shetty [mailto:shettyd@gmail.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 13 janvier 2010 06:51
À : JMeter Users List
Objet : Re: increasing the load in a single machine - reg

>Also I am running it in gui mode with listeners.
Not a good idea(thats the first recommendation in the link) - Why do you
need GUI mode. Which listener are you using? only a few like summary report
will allow you to use them at high usage.
> So getting the above msg means my test failed
>From that point onwards yes. Even before that if you had too frequent GC's.
regards
deepak

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Anitha Raj Geetha Rajendran <
AnithaRaj.GeethaRajendran@igate.com> wrote:

> I don't think u can see that msg. :) so I am typing what all is there.
> Its in the console of JMeter:
>
> Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
> Java heap space Logging Error: Unknown error writing event.
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space Exception in thread
> "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
>
> Yeah. I followed what all is in the link which u gave me. Also I am
> running it in gui mode with listeners. But I removed the one which
> takes much memory, and hence using only 2 listeners. Also I am using
> CSV rather than xml output.
> I am not using much variables.
>
> So getting the above msg means my test failed? But even after getting
> the above msg JMeter was running and the number of users were
> increasing. So I assumed that its working fine. Also I am getting that
only 3 times na?

> Thanks and regards,
> Anitha Raj

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for
the addressees.
Messages are susceptible to alteration.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it immediately and inform
the sender.