jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: increasing the load in a single machine - reg
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 06:05:45 GMT
>But I don't think we don't have the facility to capture those parameters
using JMeter right
No. But the operating system does allow you. In windows XP --> Control Panel
--> Administrative tools --> Performance.
>And right now im trying to run the test in non-gui mode to see whether I
can increase the load.
Will help.
>Also I came to know that there's an option of creating multiple instances
of JMeter. Is that possible? If so how?
Neither of these help you if you only have one machine. If you have multiple
machines you can
a. Run separate JMeter instances (just kick them off at the same time).
Consolidate the results
b. Use distributed mode -
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/jmeter_distributed_testing_step_by_step.pdf

regards