jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter Latency Showing incorrect ?
Date Sun, 10 Jan 2010 06:23:11 GMT
Hi
I tested against www.google.com and I dont see a zero latency. did you
verify with View Results Tree that you are indeed getting Google's home page
(no redirects/errors or anything)? are you seeing this behavior for all
external sites?

The elapsed time = latency +( time from 1st byte to last byte received).
Any combination of value is possible , with elapsed time always greater than
latency.

regards
deepak

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 10:11 PM, Jatin <daveyjatin@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was testing from my home laptop. My internet speed is 256 kbps. I
> recorded the home page of google.com and was replaying it which had 9
> samplers to access all the contents of the home page. I am confused on one
> point , the Elapsed time is mostly above 400ms for the first sampler where
> as the latency for this sampler is always 0 no matter how many times i loop.
> Both Elapsed time and latency have one thing in common which is that both
> take into account the delay happening because of the response getting from
> across the internet, then how come latency is 0 all the time while the
> elapsed time is more than 400ms for most of the time.
>
> Thanks
> Jatin
>

> Deepak Shetty wrote:
>
>> if you are testing this out within your intranet , its possible you could
>> see extremely low or zero values.
>> regards
>> deepak
>>
>> On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 2:59 AM, Jatin <daveyjatin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I had a recorded script that will access the home page of a site. The
>>> listener that i was using was a graph results listener. I wanted to save
>>> the
>>> results in a csv file for only two variables namely: latency and Elapsed
>>> time. So in the configure dialog only selected these two parameters and
>>> obtained a csv file.
>>>
>>> My test plan organization was comprised of 9 HTTP samplers in one thread
>>> group with all the samplers put into a loop controller looping forever.
>>> For
>>> all the tests that were looping in the controller i noticed that for the
>>> first sampler the latency was always 0 even though the elapsed time was
>>> around 400ms but not less than that. Is the latency value correct since
>>> for
>>> both these parameters the response has to be fetched from the server and
>>> there could be delay in receiving the response. Please let me know if i
>>> am
>>> missing something here.
>>>
>>> Some test run samples are as below :
>>>
>>> 459,0