jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JDBC Connection Configuration Queries
Date Sat, 02 Jan 2010 19:56:16 GMT
Hi
2. Validation query - This is normally used in pooling systems to check if
the connection maintained in the pool is still valid. Say you have a pool of
5 connections and the database is restarted , the connections would not be
valid anymore. The Pool implementation could periodically fire a query (the
validation query), which would fail, and these connections would now be
discarded and the pool repopulated with connections.
As to max connection age Im not sure, if i had to guess then it this
parameter would be used to shrink the pool. Say your pool has increased to
10 connections, after which no one has requested a connection for a pool for
say 900 seconds (the max age). After this period the pool implementation
would discard the connection from the pool.

regards
deepak